Friday, May 6, 2016

Peer Review 15 for Benjamin Macklin

As the final review of the semester, I definitely had to take in a lot of information about a rushed piece of work. Every student felt the crunch time as they were creating their final project, and I'm sure any outside assistance could help them revise their essay to their best ability. What follows is a peer review of Ben Macklin''s podcast titled: Podcast of My Honors English Reflection.

As the final cut of his project, I decided to do a copy-editing suggestion for my peer review, where I look over his content and language and determine if any changes to content could aid his project. Doing this, I found that his amount of detail regarding specifics in his projects were lacking, but over the essay was smooth and flowed well, covering a variety of topics in only seven minutes.

Seeing as the majority of his content was okay, but that detail would aid his essay, I suggested he add one or two more specific examples pulled from his first three projects to back up some of the claims he made during the project, and also to allow the reader to have a better idea of the projects in question.

I believe this would help him stay grounded in this semester, as he often talks about high school and his past, but doesn't make enough references to the current semester and his writing there. Seeing as this is one of the requirements for the project laid out in the document highlighting the main aspects of the final course evaluation, adding this to his project would definitely help him out.

The main thing I admired about his work was how well it flowed from one topic to another in the short amount of time the podcast took up. My podcast is too long in my opinion, and I wish I could have done it as effectively as Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment