Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Production Report 14B - Time Management

Producing raw content on a well planned project transforms the content that you previous outlined, into usable, malleable content which can be edited and cut to perfection. In my project, the fourth project reflecting on previous project, I transformed my time management body section of my content outline, into raw content. Below are links to each respective piece, outline and raw content, along with a few questions to clarify how the process of content creation went.
  
Outline Item :
 
Time management - Across every single project I encountered, the main commonality across the genres was the amount of time management I needed. Every one of my projects suffered from a lack of time management, and I believe every kind of project requires this skill as part of the process, one I have yet to master.
  • Specific blog posts from each project that are late/lackluster due to timing
  • Acknowledging certain parts of projects I saw that could be improved but couldn’t due to time
  • Importance: This is the major issue with my writing process, timing. When I procrastinate and let deadlines slip, major parts of my writing process suffer, such as worthwhile research, process work, and especially the editing process. These failures show how important having enough time is to my writing process, and that key features need the time to be able to work.

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?
 - The content of my raw material is in the form of a script. Because a video essay has no real textual form, my content is in the form of one giant paragraph which can be read off of and recording at my own pace, rather than the pace of a reader. The conventions of a podcast, a less formal discussion of one major topic, shows through in my choice of wording, deciding to go for a more conversational tone, emphasizing my own thoughts of my writing and what that means in terms of my writing process, rather than deeply analyzing and constantly calling outside facts like a QRG, or regular essay. The conventions also influenced me by allowing me to include ques for the addition or changes in audio and music, which will affect how the reader listens and interprets my voice.

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?
 - Creating this material was hard for me because I had to be very honest about my own faults, which very clearly indicate I have an issue with time management. These failures on my part are also easy to point out to myself, but no so much to a broad audience, so I have to learn a balance between talking about my own perception, and including outside facts and examples to support my views to an audience that is unfamiliar with my work this semester. I also learned that creating a script for a podcast can be very informal, which was nice, as it lessened the amount of stress I had creating the script. I realized, especially when creating this paragraph, that a script will definitely change, right up until the point where it is finally submitted, but the ideas presented in it will remain relatively the same. As long as I include the major content I want to talk about now, it will be presented more clearly when I am actually recording for the podcast.

Adaptation of Outline Item: 

Here is a link to my time management body section of my rough draft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment