Monday, March 28, 2016

Peer Review 9a

As all work moves along, especially in larger projects, it is key to having outside eyes look upon your work to find mistake that you would miss. Peer review is necessary to creating good pieces of writing, which is what I will be doing next in the following section.

I did a peer review for an essay titled Journals Versus Blog Posting: The Rhetoric World of Environmentalism written by Gabby Dietrich, who is in Section 2.

I suggested her a format revision, which would allow her to better fit into the conventions of the essay format and to appropriated present her content in the best way possible.

My form recommendations would help Gabby produced an essay better fit for the college environment, as it would use the conventions of a college essay better and also fall into the level of a formal analysis of the project, instead of staying at the rough draft level, hitting only some of the targets for a college essay.

In the previous project, when the course presented us with materials to avoid passive verb usage and formal writing styles, I really took it to heart, as I saw in Gabby's initial rough draft a few days ago, that her essay suffered from passive writing and informal speech, both of which I suggested directly through language comments and word choice, through Google Documents.

One thing I do really admire from Gabby's work is that she include quotes much more fluently and effectively than I did in my previous essay for project one. Learning how to do that will help me through my entire career and seeing someone accomplish it so adequately give me a perfect example to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment