Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report Body Paragraph 2

   Following my previous check up, I have completed my second body paragraph for my upcoming video essay on rhetoric in aerospace engineering. Catching up to my timeline as I fell behind, I will open myself up again to a few questions about my progress, and also compare my content outline to my current raw work.

How did you decide to use form to present your content in the raw material you’ve shared here? How did the conventions of your chosen genre influence your choices?

- The structure of my second body paragraph changed after I finished the first body paragraph, seeing how much time and detail the first section of work actually took. Therefore, since the video essay does dictate that we need matching video or photo content to be relevant to the audio overlaying the video, I spread out my work on the Elon Musk launch background for a much longer time and covered more topic in order to take a more in depth approach to the genre. I covered several different rhetorical devices rather than focusing on just one type of device like I was originally intended on doing. 

How did the production of this raw material go? What kinds of any hiccups, challenges, successes, creative epiphanies, etc. occurred during the process?

- The production of the second body paragraph went much smoother than the first body paragraph, where I was just getting a handle on how to format the body sections properly to make them work for the conventions of the video essay. Therefore, it went much smoother, but still took a lot of time and many re-shoots to make sure my voice was clear enough to understand.

Content Outline Sections 

  • Public Report
    • Main idea - Reporting to the public is a big part of large companies or big organization with lots of work, as they eventually have to share their successes/failures, and convince people to keep spending for the future. They can also relay educational information, such as presentations designed to generate interest.
      • Evidence proves - Just as before, this article shows that context is very important to presenting the public, but instead of coming from a large company, this article comes from Elon Musk himself, as a public report to inspire confidence and provide education in the wake of another attempt to land a rocket.
      • Importance - Without the ethos that Elon Musk provides to this article, it would stand out as just another attempt to drum up press for a new rocket. Coming from the entrepreneur himself though, shows the mindset that an aerospace engineer writes within, a logical and well thought out article with education and background to back up claims, similar to a research paper with a public audience, and a section dedicated to the future of his company, as they will keep trying to land their newly designed rockets.


Content Outline Adaptation

 This is a link to the raw footage of the second body paragraph of my work in progress video essay.


No comments:

Post a Comment