Sunday, April 17, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

Putting out a final product, or a draft of a final product, to your peer will allow them to review your view of a finished work and allow outside influence to make changes that you might not have seen previously. Below is a link to my rough draft for project three, my work on disassembling and cutting open the Joint Strike Fighter Program.

Here is a link to my draft.

 Follow is a list of key questions an audience might ask about a rough draft.

  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know. 
    - I would like anyone reading my rough draft to know that while I do know quite a bit about the aerospace field, I am trying to explain as much as I can about the topic within my quick reference guide, because even though my intended audience may be those interested in aerospace, they still may know nothing about the F-35 project itself. 
    -Also, I would like anyone to give any suggestions about the formatting of the Quick Reference Guide itself, as I am not super familiar with the genre, and any help I could get fitting the format would be appreciated. 

  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)
    -  I would say one of the biggest weaknesses about my current rough draft would be the formatting. While I do include many pictures, I feel like I could find some more quotes or infographics to include, and also break up the paragraph structure of my project to make it easier to read, so if the reader locates a dry spot of my project, it would be great to know.
    -Also, I believe that my conclusion could be strengthen or flushed out, along with including a section dedicated to countering counter-arguments, and also creating ethos for my character having knowledge of Aerospace, so any suggestions about what to include in those sections or where to include them would be great.

  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Rough Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)
          - The main thing I am proud of within this project is the amount of content I have pulled together. While I only have two main topics of contention with the program, I could include a few more points to lengthen it if needed. I would like to know from the reader if they believe the content is good and convincing, but also if the length of the project needs to be adjusted at all, or if it is okay the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment