Sunday, April 24, 2016

Revised Post to Peer Reviewers

Time is coming to a close on my third project for my honors English class. My topic on the Joint Strike Fighter program has led me to do some interesting research but as the end line approaches, I will have to submit my final work. Below is a hyperlink to my final work, and some questions an audience may ask when looking at my final project, a Quick Reference Guide.


  • Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know
    - I would like the peer reviewers to understand that while I am trying my best to make this essay open to anyone who would want to read it, I still may subconsciously include information that may not be well known or understood to the public. Also, I know this is an enjoyable topic for my own reasons, but outside readers may not be as into the topic as I am, so giving feedback based on the quality of the essay and not on the content would be key for that type of peer reviewer. 
  • Major issues or weaknesses in the “Fine Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)
    - I know that the spacing between some sections of my essay may seem awkward or sporadic, but in the style of the QRG I am trying to keep relevant information for one section of my project on the same page, in order to make it easier to read for the reader. Some readers may find this difficult to work with and I recognize this as a weakness to some readers. 
  • Major virtues or strengths in the “Fine Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)
    •  One of the major items I am proud of for this project is the amount of content I put into the essay, and I would like the reader to know that I have a few other sections of content that I might be able to put into the essay but I don't want the essay to drag on too long or be jumping topics. Also, another strength of my essay is the layout, at least to me. The layout of the photos and quotes keep relevant information on the same page, which make it easier to reader, but some may disagree.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex,

    Your QRG looks great!. One improvement you could do was to break up those really condensed paragraphs, it will make the QRG more appealing nd quick to read, which is essential. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete