Sunday, April 17, 2016

Reflection on Rough Draft, Global Revision, Project 3

Now that the week is over, I am going to reflect back on my progress of editing and finalizing the global revision section of my project. This week I tackled much larger issues, such as ineffective citation and worthwhile transition sections. Doing this allows me to fully read through a working reference guide this week and make finer corrections, for a well done final project due next week.


What follows are a few question a reader may have as I look back on this week. My answers follow are my hindsight on the global revision of my quick reference guide.

  1. What were some of the successes (or, things that went right) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
     - This week, I fully flushed out a lot of larger problems that I saw with my essay in the previous week. While my quick reference guide was a rough draft, it missed some necessary topics mentioned in the outline for the project given by the class. This week, I included my genres form of citations, links to the sites or sources that I was looking at during certain sections of work to back up my opinions. I also include more pictures, and cited the rest of the picture I already had, which works well with the genre of the quick reference guide. Another thing I did was include transitions between the two major sections of my project, the budget issues and performance issues of the F-35, where I mention that the two are connected. I feel like the content I present in my project is very sound, and even though it is only two main sections, could be lengthened with further information if I have time or need to add content.

  2. What were some of the challenges (or, things that went wrong) during this week’s process work? Explain, with evidence.
     - My main challenge was time management. I had plenty to do this weekend, and only found time to work on Sunday, which is usually, but I was happy to find that this week's course load was not terrible. Another challenge I faced was that I have never really worked on a quick reference guide before, and therefore am not very familiar with its conventions, and therefore I am looking back and forth at the genre examples and finding so many differences or ideas that could be included into my own project, but I am not sure if there are any significant ones that I am missing. I did include pictures, graphs, and hyperlinked sources, but am I missing anything else that is key? I do not know.
     
  3. How do you think next week will go, based on your experiences this week?
    - I think that next week will actually be fun not only because I enjoy the topic of the project, but because I am seeing many ideas from other genre example that I believe will make my project fit a more aesthetic form or be easier to read, but I am still a little bit unsure about the conventions of a QRG, which worries me slightly.  

  4. How are you feeling about the project overall at this point?
     -The project overall is feeling a lot better than my other two projects at this point, as I feel closer to a final project than I did when I even submitted the other two projects. However, I am a little concerned about the genre conventions of a QRG, and I am honestly very tired of the extensive work that has to occur for this class besides the project itself, which I feel should be the main focus, yet still only takes about half of my time.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment